Friday, December 7, 2012

Red Jacket Orchard - Blackcurrant Apple Juice

After my first taste test of a Red Jacket Orchard juice (Joe's Summer Blend, which was delicious), I decided to try another juice product from the orchard at my latest shopping trip to Whole Foods. While browsing through the assortment, I quickly noticed a blackcurrant apple juice. I love blackcurrant, but it's hard to find blackcurrant anything in the United States, and I've always had a weakness for blackcurrant juice (Especially Ribena), so I was thrilled to see it.

I didn't even make it to the car before opening the bottle, and was immediately pleased with the selection I made. The blackcurrant flavor is far from weak in the drink, but really blends nicely with the apple juice to help cut down on the tartness, while preventing the drink from being too sweet (which I find to be a personal concern with many apple juice drinks). I think this is a great drink for anyone that likes blackcurrants, but also a great way to introduce people to blackcurrant, since the flavor doesn't come on too strong in this drink. I will definitely be buying this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment