Monday, November 26, 2012

Dr. Praeger's Spinach Littles

As cliche as it may be, I like cute foods. There, I said it! And I do not believe that cute foods should only be served to children. So at a recent trip to Whole Foods, I noticed these spinach littles, and figured I would give them a try. I like spinach, in almost every variety, and figured what could the harm be in giving these a shot. And yes, they are cute and easy to eat, which are added bonuses.

Not long after buying these, we had guests over, so I decided to quickly cook some of these with chicken fingers, for some simple and quick finger foods. We served both with a few dipping sauces, including ranch, ketchup and honey mustard.

I wasn't sure what to expect for taste, but they really just tasted like spinach with a bit of starch and onion. The consistency was pleasant  and the shapes held together well. Everyone liked them with the different sauces, but I preferred them with the ketchup  I would most likely not buy these again (unless having young guests over), but I did enjoy them. I would definitely suggest anyone that has kids at home gives them a try, however, and think they would be a really great addition to packed lunches.

These spinach littles have no saturated fat, no cholesterol, and are low sodium, so needless to say they are quite healthy. They also only have about 22 calories each. The box comes with about 18, and the box was priced at $3.99. They are also gluten free, making them a great option for children with any gluten sensitivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment