Monday, November 26, 2012

Wallaby Yogurt - Mango Lime

As a child I absolutely loved yogurt, but as I got older things changed. Around the age of 20, my taste buds drastically changed, and suddenly those artificial flavors sickened me. Suddenly, standard grocery store yogurt didn't do it for me. And back then high, quality yogurts and Greek yogurts weren't yet readily available at the grocery store, so for a few years I went without yogurt.

And then I discovered imported yogurts, farm fresh yogurts, and Greek style yogurts, and everything changed. Not only did I love yogurt once more, but I had a whole new appreciation for it. I then began to try a large assortment of yogurts, and soon stumbled onto Wallaby Organic at Whole Foods, a yogurt line that refers to itself as "Creamy Australian Style."

I can't say I'm familiar with Australian style yogurt, but the consistency is actually eerily similar to most standard American grocery store brands. However, unlike those yogurts, there is never any separation to be seen. The Wallaby yogurt line offers fruit on the bottom flavors, as well as flavored yogurts. They offer a great selection of flavors, including several non-standard fruits (at least when it comes to yogurts). I recently tried the Mango Lime, which had an excellent flavor that reflected both fruits nicely, sweet with a lovely brightness from the lime. The individual yogurt cost $0.99 (the standard price is $1.19 but the yogurts are regularly on sale for $0.99). Although this may be rather high for an individual yogurt, I think it's worth the extra quarter or two, and will continue to buy the Wallaby yogurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment