Monday, November 26, 2012

Red Jacket Orchards - Joe's Summer Blend

Recently, my local Whole Foods began to carry a line from Red Jacket Orchards. They had about 8 different juice blends and ciders being offered, but I decided it would be best to try one, before convincing myself that I simply *must* try them all. While looking over the flavors, I noticed one called Joe's Summer Blend. Intrigued, I grabbed the bottle, and didn't think much else of it.

When I arrived home, after chilling it for a few hours in the fridge, I grabbed the bottle to try a small glass. The flavor was rather straightforward, a high quality apple juice blend, with some lemon. It was rather sweet, so out of curiosity I looked at the ingredients to see how much sugar was used. None. In fact, the only two ingredients were apple juice and lemon juice.

It's official, I'm in love. The juice blend is a brilliant cross between apple juice and lemonade, with the sweet apples taking the place of the standard sugar or sweetener. Suddenly, Summer Blend makes perfect. Sadly, the juice is already sold out for the season, and most likely won't be returning until next spring/summer. But I will definitely be trying the other Red Jacket Orchard juices and ciders while awaiting its return. As for the price  $2.99 for a 32 ounce bottle actually seems to be on the lower end for Whole Foods, especially when taking into consideration the quality and taste of the juice.
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment